For Health & Wellness Practioners
It’s an honor to refer and partner with you. If you’re new to this work, this is a brief overview of the scope of work available. Please connect if you’d like a deeper dive!
If you’re interested in a free educational event for your patients I’ve created a document that explains exactly how we can team up and create a great experience for your attendees.
Work with me for your in-house educational events – Details Here
My work delivers a results-oriented combination of skills and principles in Mind-Body Nutrition and Dynamic Eating Psychology-see below. It supports primarily women to land in their full power and worth, and live compassionately in a peaceful, relaxed relationship with food and body.
“When I really got connected with my body and my direct experience, I learned I don’t have to control or fight anything. The food I ate was directly reflecting how I felt about myself at a deep level, but I didn’t know how to change that before doing this work. I am eating exactly what I want now, it’s easy, my clothes fit, and all I had to give up was dis-liking myself. Amazing!”
~ Johanna, Service Business Owner
Consider this if you:
- Want a supportive professional resource to offer your patients in the eating psychology and mind/body nutritional realms, and this generally falls outside your own practice in terms of scope of work and time.
- Are frustrated by those patients or clients who you wish would take action on your suggestions to them about diet and food quality.
- Have certain patients you feel could clearly benefit from learning how and where to start, or could use focused support and structure around weight/eating challenges.
- Have patients currently going through challenging life changes, and you sense this is affecting their health in non-linear ways that aren’t fitting clearly within your diagnostic ranges.
“Marina was amazingly insightful in helping me get to some long-standing core issues in a safe, loving way. Working with her is a game changer.”
~ Pat – Retail Business Owner and Gestalt Therapist
How will you work with my patients?
- After a complimentary consultation to determine the fit of the work for them, I guide your patients with creating permanent changes in relationship with food, body and self
- We work via phone or video sessions
- Individualized session work to support patients in building sustainable practices that feel doable and enjoyable
- Accountability, follow-up, thoughtfully customized homework practices and email support
- I do not bill insurance; payment is made online and there is some limited sliding scale availability
How can I refer a patient?
- Your patient can call or email
- Your patient can authorize your office to send their contact information to me
It’s a positive, cutting edge approach that effectively addresses weight and overeating concerns, body image challenges and various nutrition related health concerns.
Rather than seeing your patients’ eating challenges merely as a sign that “something’s wrong with them” I work from a place that solidly supports them in exploring some of the personal dimensions in life that impact food, weight and health. Eating challenges are often connected to work, money, relationship, family, intimacy, or life stress. By working in the areas that are most relevant for your patients, success is more easily achieved. As an Eating Psychology coach, I support your client with coaching strategies and nutrition principles that are doable, sustainable, and that yield results.
It’s an empowering and transformational approach that’s designed for anyone who eats! Each of us has a unique, fascinating, and ever-changing relationship with food. Dynamic eating psychology affirms the primary importance of this relationship. It’s sees your patients’ challenges with eating, weight and health not as an indication that they’re broken, but as a beautiful opportunity to grow and evolve.
Previously, eating psychology has been limited to those with clinical eating disorders. Dynamic eating psychology is an updated approach for everyone, affirming that a relationship with food has important lessons to teach us if we choose to listen. It recognizes that any challenges with eating, weight and health are connected to some other primary life dimensions – relationship, family, money, work, sexuality, and our search for fulfillment.
Mind body nutrition advances the practice of clinical nutrition by exploring the psychophysiology of how thoughts, feelings and beliefs impact nutrition or metabolism and health. Originated by Mark David, founder of the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, it goes far beyond classical nutrition by focusing on the fascinating connections between brain, body, and behavior.
Simply put, what we eat is only half of the story of good nutrition. The other half is who we are as eaters. Mind body nutrition reveals how stress physiology, the relaxation response, breathing, awareness, pleasure, meal timing and more profoundly influence digestion and calorie burning. It offers practical and results oriented strategies for the most commonly seen eating challenges and health issues of our times.
For far too long we’ve been inundated by negative messages about food, weight and diet. Culturally we’ve been told that we’re will power weaklings or that we need more “control”. The majority of nutrition experts promote conflicting advice.
As a result, many intelligent and far from lazy individuals are profoundly confused about what to eat or how to have a relaxed and enjoyable relationship with food and body and a healthy metabolism. In my professional practice, I combine many of the best strategies from nutrition science and eating psychology. By eliminating the “shoulds” and “shouldn’ts”, I focus on what’s right for your patient’s body, their personal style and their current life circumstances. As we work together in this way, eating and health issues become a place of exploration.
Instead of seeing such challenges as the enemy, they become opportunities for growth and self- improvement. I’ve learned to support clients in reaching their highest goals not by strategies that punish, but through strategies that sustainably nourish.
- Mind-Body Nutrition and Dynamic Eating Psychology, Institute for the Psychology of Eating
- Body-Centered Therapy I and II, The Hendricks Institute
- Charter Faculty for The Living University, The Hendricks Institute
- Conscious Relationship Transformation I and II, The Hendricks Institute
- Living and Loving Coach, The Hendricks Institute
- Level III Pro-EFT Practitioner, National Alliance for Emotional Health- EFT, AAMET
- Naturopathic Medicine Course in Self-Healing, Charley Cropley ND
- Positive Intelligence, Shirzad Chamine
- Advanced Awakening, Thomas Hubl
- Mystical Principles of Intimate Relationships Thomas Hubl
- Mystical Principles of Healing, Thomas Hubl
For 24 years these certifications & other trainings have uniquely informed the evolution of the work.
Certification with the Institute for the Psychology of Eating, an internationally acclaimed schooling in Nutritional Psychology, has enabled me to work with cutting edge tools and protocols that support the healing and transformation of:
- Weight Challenges
- Emotional Eating or Overeating
- Body Image and Body Confidence
- Digestive Challenges
- Low Energy and Fatigue
- Mood Concerns
- Nutritionally Related Health Complaints
- Menopause & Postpartum Issues
The skills I use and the practices I teach your patients are a combination of practical coaching techniques, results oriented psychology, clinical nutrition, body-centered awareness practices, mind body science, and a positive and compassionate approach to challenges with food and health!
Marina Francis, EPC, BCT, CRT
Sustainable practices for a trusting, relaxed relationship with self-nourishment
…body, mind & soul.
Get Your Free Ebook
From Sabotage to Sovereignty:
6 Essential Practices for Relaxed Self-Trust with Eating
You’ll also get Stockpot© about twice a month with tips, opportunities
and inspiration on women, soul and food.